HB Racing D815 V2 - World Champion Design Evolution
In addition to the standard parts you get:
Ty Tessmann, HB Racing Team Driver and IFMAR World Champion says:
"The D815V2 kit comes with more of the tuning options that I use on today's high speed tracks, to make the car even faster."
HB Racing is proud to announce the release of the successor to the World Champion D815 1/8 Nitro Buggy. The new D815 V2 adds keyfeatures based on extensive testing and racing by our HB Team Drivers and designers. The D815 V2 is faster, more adjustable, andeasier to drive.Now included are 2 chassis plates, standard and a new extended chassis. The extended chassis adds 4mm of length to the rear of the carwhich allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially onhigh-speed corners.Ty Tessmann, David Ronnefalk and most of the HB Team Drivers have switched to this longer chassis. An extendedrear drive shaft (necessary when using the extended chassis) is included, along with the popular High Wing Mount.Carbon fiber plates for the suspension have been included to help racers tune their D815 V2 to track conditions. The extra tuning adjustmentsare often a key ingredient to winning at the track. They're not just for going fast, they make the car more predictable and easier todrive consistently, which ultimately makes for better race results.And the best news... all of these option parts have been added without increasing the cost of the kit, making it a great value. WorldChampion performance, the D815 V2 from HB Racing is ready to win!
Notes from the D815 V2 designer, Torrance Deguzman:
#115153 Chassis extended +4mm: The extended chassis adds 4mm of length to the rear of the car which allows a longer wheelbase (up to the maximum regulation) and slightly shifts the overall center of gravity for more stability, especially on high-speed corners. [Ty Tessmann, David Ronnefalk and most of the HB Team Drivers have switched to this longer chassis.]
#115154 Drive shaft +4mm: An extended rear drive shaft, necessary when using the #115153 extended chassis.
#114731 Rear Hub carrier #5: From extensive testing our team drivers found that this hub carrier camber link plate provides the best overall rear traction. The camber link position available on the #5 hub carrier plate works in conjunction with other suspension geometry setups that our drivers have developed. For the latest setups sheets from Ty Tessmann, see his website at www.tytessmann.com.
#111741 Carbon plate front
#111742 Carbon plate rear: These carbon plates increase the torsional stiffness of the suspension arms, which gives the car a more forgiving feeling at the limit, especially on high-speed and high-traction corners. It also gives the car a more predictable sliding characteristic at the limit, which the driver can easily manage instead of a sudden loss of traction.
#109856 Ackerman plate #4: The #4 Ackerman plate provides a lower degree of Ackerman angle which gives the car more all-around steering, which is useful when you have a very stable rear-end setup or when the track layout has high traction, or has many tight 180 degree corners.
#114415 Wing mount set: The high wing mount positions the wing 10mm higher than the low wing mount version, putting the wing in less turbulent air flow which helps produce more downforce.
- New 3mm 7075 aluminum chassis + 4mm
- Upgraded central drivetrain with CVD boots
- 43/13 diff gear ratio with lightweight gears
- Split center bulkhead
- Sintered brake pads & metal rotors
- One-piece radio tray fits most LiPo battery packs
- Rear upright design
- Carbon graphite rear hub carrier arms
- Aluminum servo saver arm
- Protective boots on central drivetrain
- One-piece lightweight wing mount
- Aluminum caster blocks with extra hole
- Aluminum steering blocks with carbon graphite steering arms
- Stand-up servo mounting
- Enclosed radio box
- Composite chassis braces
- Steel turnbuckles
- Big bore threaded coilover shocks
- Lightweight aluminum shock towers
- Aluminum arm blocks
- Hinge pin inserts
- HB monocoque suspension arms
- Threaded outer hinge pins
- Sway bars front and rear
- Lightweight spur gear
- Lightweight diff outdrives and center inputs
- Rubber CVD boots
- Lightweight front aluminum axles
- Racing fuel tank with stone filter clunk
- Steel skid plate
- Lightweight Pro-Line polycarbonate rear wing
- Pro-Line Type-R clear buggy body
- Tuning options include: steering blocks, arm blocks, steering arms, rear hub carrier arms, sway bars, shock springs and more
- Supplied in kit form only, assembly required
- Requires engine, tune pipe, radio, receiver, 2 servos, receiver battery, paint, tires, CA glue, wheels
#117055 D815 V2 1/8 Off-Road Competition Buggy